TPS does not only produce and stock straight seamless and welded tubes. We also manufacture U-Tubes for use in heat exchangers, condensers, pre-heaters and other applications. These U-Tubes are made in accordance with requirements of TEMA RCB-2.31, ASTM A / ASME SA 688, DIN 28179, ASTM B / ASME SB 163, other statutory requirements or specifications.
Besides the classic U-Shape, we can also supply more complex and individual tube and pipe bendings for a wide range of applications.
5 excellent reasons to buy U-Tubes from TPS
You save money and time
- You only have one contact person
- You avoid transport damages to the long initial tubes on the way to the bending company
- You do not have to pay extra costs for the carriage to the bending company
- You benefit from time savings due to the parallel production of the initial tubes and the U-tubes
- You may request spare tubes, which we stock for you
- You save space and time for assembling the heat exchangers as the U-tubes can be removed radius-wise from the wooden combs
High surface Quality
- You receive tubes which are free from oil and grease as well as free from debris
- You receive a metallic bright surface without discolouration on the inner and outer tube
Professional heat treatment of bending area
- You can choose between solution or stress relief annealing depending on the material standard
- On demand, we also include the annealing charts
- You receive a detailed test certificate with all the important measures of the bend along with the inspection certificate 3.1
- You are given a warranty of up to 3 years*
* In line with our general terms and conditions of sale we guarantee defect free materials and good workmanship
Safe and smart packing
- The U-tubes are secured to the transport-rack using wooden combs in order to avoid damage
- Your incoming material inspection is faster and more efficient due to the accurate packing sorted by radius
Detailed information regrading the heat treatment procedure of bending area
- According to the German regulation AD-Merkblatt HP7/3, U-Tubes with a radius > 1,3 D are usually not subject to heat treatment after bending.
Should a heat treatment be required, it has to be agreed before order placement.
- Before the heat treatment of the tube, its surface in the zone that will be annealed is going to be cleaned in order to remove any residue.
- The bend and maximum 300 mm of the leg will be heated to material-specific temperature through an electric resis-tance heat treatment.
The measurement of the temperature is going to be accomplished by an automatic infrared camera. The tube interior is going to be rinsed with protective gas to avoid oxidation.
A light oxide layer is permitted according to ASTM A 688.The discolouration on the outer tube surface will be me-chanically removed on request
- Solution annealing:Heating to a temperature according to the material specification, followed by rapid quenching.Stress relieving:Rapid heating to a temperature between 550 – 650°C, followed by slow cooling in still air.
Emergency shutdown service
U-tubes within in days – instead of months!
The wide stock range which includes all common material grades and dimensions, in connection with our special stock service guarantees a delivery „just in time“.
The U-tubes are manufactured in our own bending facility within a short time.
Therefore, they can be delivered at short notice based on the stock material.
You can order U-tubes in the following material grades*:
- Stainless steel
- Nickel alloys
- Carbon steel
- Low alloy steel
- Aluminium brass
- Admiralty brass
- Copper-nickel alloys
Sales Manager | Stainless steel mill/Stock
Tel.: +49 (0)6592 / 712 5222
Fax: +49 (0)6592 / 712 5249
Stainless Steel & Duplex/ Super Duplex, Nickel Alloys & Titanium Alloys